2 Guys & a Jigsaw Puzzle 2 Guys & a Jigsaw Puzzle

Very good.

Very good cartoon. Definitely wasn't about how with faith comes ignorance, just about two guys solving a jigsaw puzzle.

Funky Stick Fight 3 Funky Stick Fight 3

A refreshing break from generic stick fights.

Title says it all. There are tons of stick fights but I really enjoyed watching this just because of the "funky" concept. Choice of music was superb as well. Well done! :)

hikuihito responds:

Thank you very much!

Vikings of the Interstate Vikings of the Interstate

I liked it.

I liked it, but it could've done with more substance. I think the whole thing is great material for something longer.

99 Deaths Of The Ninja 99 Deaths Of The Ninja

I am progressively losing faith in the front page. The "try-to-die" concept is nothing new, but whatever. It doesn't even feel like you're dying. It feels like you're collecting coins. Furthermore, sometimes I would touch things and GAIN lives, with no indication of penalty beforehand or after.

N3rd Boy N3rd Boy

The fact that this made front page makes me sad. The fact that you're going to try and profit off of this on the App Store is even sadder. This game is bad. You put no effort into this, and you know it.

No originality. You didn't sit down and think, "I need an idea for a game!" You thought, "Hey, let's make a game where you use the arrow keys to move! And spikes! This is front-page material!" This has been done a million times. If you're going to make the most unoriginal game, you better do it damn well. Somehow, you screwed it up. You managed to take a tried-and-true genre and screw it up. Why? Absolutely no creativity, love, or effort went into the making of this.

Alright, let's get down into the nitty gritty. What did go wrong in the gameplay? Level design? I got about halfway through the lava world before I quit. There was no challenge at all. The levels were designed so poorly that most of the solutions involved 1-wall wall-jumping to the top of the level. Or maybe wall jumping to another wall so I could 1-wall wall jump off of that one. Each level felt exactly the same. The Razors weren't much different from spikes. Lava was just a reskin of spikes. The blocks that broke never regenerated after time. This meant if I accidentally touched some blocks, I could end up breaking the level and have to manually restart. Physics engine? Mediocre. If I want to get off a wall I'm sliding, I feel like I'm stuck to it for a few seconds. Furthermore, the sliding speed is static (slow, too), meaning I don't accelerate at all sliding down. The screen size is so awkward, as it was obviously built around an iPhone's screen size. You could have at least built it around the landscape (horizontal) screen format so that I could actually see the platform I'm jumping to.

But maybe there are redeeming qualities! The music? There's... one song. In the entire game, you only managed to crank out one repetitive loop, which was just a variation of the main menu theme. Well, zero effort there. Not a surprise based on the rest of the game. Story? I might disregard the terrible gameplay if the main focus of the game was to tell a story. However, the story was practically non-existent. This is fine if the game is good in its own merit. But this game isn't. Graphics? Simple 8-bit sprites and cookie-cutter levels. Once again, not a problem if the gameplay is good. This isn't the case.

This is a "homage" to Super Meat Boy. This game is Super Meat Boy without: hand-drawn graphics, varying gameplay, more than one song, decent physics, a challenge, multiple characters, and varying obstacles. It is worse than Super Meat Boy in almsot all aspects. I'm not expecting you to rival such an amazing game, but you could at least try.

tl;dr zero effort and it shows, bad game, please put some thought into your game next time

knarrenheinz responds:

Well, haters gonna hate.
Also: The game will be available for free in the App Store ;)

Alight (in dreams) Alight (in dreams)

Touching.

Touching isn't usually how I describe a game, but touching was definitely the case here.

Loved the story (who couldn't?). Made me reach that point where you're not crying, but it feels like there's something stuck in your throat. Made me think about my parents and how they're getting older.

The music fit with the game perfectly, and I loved the slow pace. I did find the secret stage, but it's kind of an obscure way to get there. I felt like some of the story went over my head, but for the most part what was going on was clear.

There really aren't words to describe this game other than "thank you."

FS: When The Time Is Right FS: When The Time Is Right

Awesome.

Sounds great! Very clean sound, simple melody. Not much more than that but that's all you need. :D

FairSquare responds:

Thanks man! :)

Ugly Truth Ugly Truth

Pulls you in.

This is the kind of song, that, once you hear the first few seconds of, you really can't pull away from, which is a very good quality. Very eerie felling, which I assume you were aiming for.

NordicHazard responds:

kinda yeah, thanks!

Digital Prelude Digital Prelude

Nice.

As the name suggests, this would make some really cool intro music for a movie or a game. Love all the random noises that are going on in the background. :D

Enzer0 responds:

Thanks man! Yea - it has some essense of old style tron movie - but an eerie feel.
Thanks for your review!

Forceful Kiss Forceful Kiss

Beautiful.

Something . . . happy on Newgrounds for once. Amazing art.